Scholarship For Indian Students To Study Abroad
There are several scholarships available for Indian students who wish to study abroad. These scholarships are offered by various organizations, governments, universities, and foundations to help Indian students pursue their education overseas.
Here are some of the popular scholarship opportunities for Indian students to study abroad:
- Government Scholarships:
- Commonwealth Scholarships: These scholarships are offered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) to Indian students for various postgraduate and doctoral programs in Commonwealth countries.
- Inlaks Scholarships: Inlaks Foundation offers scholarships for Indian students pursuing postgraduate studies at top universities in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Europe.
- National Overseas Scholarships: The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment offers scholarships to students from scheduled castes and other eligible communities to pursue master’s and doctoral programs abroad.
- Fulbright Scholarships: The Fulbright Program, funded by the U.S. government, offers scholarships to Indian students for postgraduate studies and research in the United States.
- Chevening Scholarships: The UK government’s Chevening Scholarships provide financial support to outstanding Indian students pursuing a master’s degree in the United Kingdom.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships: The Erasmus Mundus program offers scholarships for Indian students to study in Europe. These scholarships cover various fields of study and academic levels.
- DAAD Scholarships: The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers scholarships for Indian students to pursue higher education in Germany.
- Rhodes Scholarships: The Rhodes Scholarship is a prestigious international scholarship that provides funding for Indian students to study at the University of Oxford.
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program: This program provides scholarships for Indian students pursuing master’s degrees in development-related fields at selected universities in the United States, Europe, and Japan.
- Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program: Indian students can apply for this scholarship to pursue postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating universities.
- Rotary Foundation Scholarships: Rotary International offers various scholarship programs for Indian students, including the Rotary Global Grant and the Rotary Peace Fellowship.
- University-specific Scholarships: Many universities around the world offer scholarships to Indian students based on academic merit, leadership, and other criteria. It’s advisable to check with the specific universities you are interested in for available scholarships.
To apply for these scholarships, you typically need to meet specific eligibility criteria, provide academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a well-written scholarship essay. It’s important to research and apply well in advance, as scholarship application deadlines can vary widely. Additionally, stay updated with the latest information and requirements for each scholarship program.